Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Negative Energy 2.0



Positively KXAN TV


KXAN President and GM Eric Lassburg has a lot on his platter right now. He’s juggling three TV stations, all of which are about to go all digital, not to mention numerous low-power TV stations feeding cable systems. (The deadline for DTV is June 12, 2009 when all full-power stations turn off their analog transmitters. Low-power stations are much later.) On top of all of that, Lassburg has a personal life.



He did take a moment today for a quick response to the post on taking woman said to be a Feng Shui expert on a tour of the station looking for “negative energy”. I had also asked some additional questions about his interest in the response of water crystals to negative and positive stimuli. It might have been this YouTube video entitled “Positive & Negative Energy Effects on Water Crystals”:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkbpXRSIUnE. Some KXAN staffers, it is said, had been asked to view the video.


"I will relentlessly explore all options and work towards making LIN Austin the happiest, most rewarding, productive and positive work environment possible," Lassburg said.



Also, there is an urban legend that KXAN at 901 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd. is built on an Indian burial ground. I heard the story many times over the time when I worked there. I think it is just what I called it, an urban legend. Actually, the station is three buildings joined together. For his part, Lassburg said that story isn't one of the things on his list of things for worrying. "I am not familiar with the Indian burial ground issue," Lassburg said.




Initially, I posted his remarks as a comment to yesterday’s (Tuesday, May 12, 2009) blog. Since they were buried under two other comments, and I had sort of called him out at the end of the blog, I thought it would be the “right thing to do” to make them a separate post, albeit short. More later.




© Jim McNabb, 2009



No comments: